Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Top 5 MAC Must Haves | Wandering Through Life

Hello world!

I remember when I was first starting my makeup collection (which really wasn’t all that long ago) I was constantly overwhelmed not only by the number of brands, but the different products that each brand has to offer. 


Mid-range to high-end makeup doesn’t come cheap, so of course you want to make sure that you’re going to be happy with what you’re purchasing (especially if you prefer online shopping).

So, I’ve put together a list of my top 5 must-have products from MAC as a guide for anyone who might just be beginning their makeup collection and not sure where to start! I hope this helps…I sure know I could have used it when I was making my first few purchases!



1. Powder blush in Melba 




This shade is universally flattering and so pretty on basically every skin tone. It’s pinky peach color that’s perfect for spring or summer (and honestly, any time of year). It’s pigmented, but not so much so that you’re going to go overboard and end up looking like a clown. But, if it comes out too sheer for the look you want, it’s really build-able and blends super easily. I think this is a perfect place to start with MAC blushes and everyone should have Melba in their collection.

Obviously this is a heavy swatch...the color doesn't come out quite as strong on the cheeks!



2. Eye shadow in Soft Brown 



Wow, it was really hard for me to decide which shade should go on this list because there are so many amazing ones. I chose Soft Brown because it’s the perfect blending/transition shade that can be used for a million different looks. It’s pretty much a staple in my routine. I would definitely recommend picking up a Pro Palette and buying the eyeshadow refill pans because they’re only $10 each and it’s so much easier to store them that way!



3. Paint Pot in Soft Ochre 



If you’re more yellow-toned, like I am, this is the shade for you, but if you’re more pink-toned, then the shade Painterly will most likely suit you better. These paint pots are an amazing base for your eyeshadow that make the shades last much longer and stop them from creasing. Soft Ochre creates a blank canvas on your lid, which can be really helpful for those of us who have slightly discolored eyelids (mine make me look borderline diseased, so don’t worry, you’re not alone). I use this product almost every time I do my makeup and I love it and will repurchase over and over again.




4. Highlight/Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle



This is a classic for a reason. This product is so pretty and shimmery and just wonderful. It makes your skin look amazing and glowing and beautiful and…I could go on and on. I like a not-so-subtle highlight, so this is perfect for me. If you tend to like a little less shimmer on your cheekbones, just use a lighter hand!





Story time: I once wore Soft and Gentle into a Sephora and a saleslady was helping me find a foundation that matched my skin tone. While she was applying different shades to my face, she said she loved the highlight I was wearing and asked me what it was. I was weirdly embarrassed to admit I was wearing a MAC product in Sephora so I told her really quickly and she was like “I’m going to pretend I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I know exactly which product you mean, and I love it”. Proof that this stuff is amazing.


5. Lipstick in Russian Red



There’s no debate as to whether or not MAC lipsticks are amazing, because it’s just a known fact. I think the perfect start to a lipstick collection (a collection that you literally will not be able to stop yourself from growing) is Russian Red. This is a blue-toned red shade and it looks so flattering on so many people and it makes for a killer look on a night out. I had a really hard time choosing between this and good ole MAC red, which is also an excellent color. I decided on Russian Red because it’s the first lipstick I ever bought from MAC and it has a little sentimental value for me, haha :)




Bonus!
6. The 217 Blending Brush



 I had to sneak a 6th product on here because this brush is that good. It’s so fluffy and the perfect size for blending any shade into the crease. I am obsessed with this brush and use it 100% of the time I put on eye makeup. It feels so soft and it does such an amazing job. Yes, it’s pricey, but you will get so much use out of this little guy. It’s worth it, trust me.


Ok, there you go! There were a bunch of others I could have chosen, and it was a struggle to narrow it down to 5 (…6), but I think these are some pretty good picks.

Also, I have a quick question! What do you guys think of the Prep and Prime Skin Refined Zone? I’ve never tried it, but I just picked up a sample! Let me know what you think!

As always, thanks for reading! What are your top 5 MAC must haves? I am more than open to hearing your favorites because I’m always wanting to try new products. Leave a comment or email me at christinembushell@gmail.com . Click here to follow me on Pinterest (I pin cool stuff, I promise) and here to follow me on Bloglovin' !

Bye for now,
Christine

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the mineralize skin finish! Great post!

    xx,
    Sarah
    www.fashioncatapult.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So beautiful, isn't it? Thanks a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. The mineralise skin finish is beautiful! I love the finish it gives :)

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, especially for people who are saving up for some Mac products. I have the blending brush and I've gone through sssooo many paint pots, they are amazing!! I think that coral blush looks so pretty, and I definitely want to try it out. I've been looking for a coral peachy blush but most of them don't show up well on my face unless I apply A LOT because of my darker skin.

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should try it out, it's pretty pigmented and I think it would look good on just about anyone!

      Delete
  4. Love this post! Such great products!

    || Karina & Olivia || simplystylesisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! These producs look all amazing!! I am Marianthi & I have nominated you for The Liebster Award!! Your blog is really really amazing & I love it!! Keep up the amazing work!!

    www.breathsndreams.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm really glad to hear it :)

      Delete