Saturday, August 1, 2015

Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl | Recipe

Hello world!

A smoothie bowl is a great breakfast (or really anytime) treat for the hot summer months.  They’re super easy to make and there are so many different kinds to try. This is a fun recipe because, like my homemade granola recipe that I posted a little while ago, you can pick and choose your favorites to mix and match for your ideal bowl.







If you’d like to see my go-to recipe for this, keep reading!


Smoothie ingredients: 

I’m using a lot of the same brands from my Kayla Itsines inspired protein shake here! 

Frozen fruit is best for this, but fresh works too!

Mango - 1 cup
Strawberries- 1/2 cup
Vanilla protein powder - 1 scoop
Strawberry yogurt (or plain/vanilla if you prefer) - I like Dannon Light & Fit
Vanilla almond milk - 1/2 cup
Ice cubes - about 4
Flax seed mill (optional, but an excellent source of fiber…careful not to use too much, or it won’t taste very good) - 1 tsp

If you’re not into the smoothie bowl craze, you can just stop here because this smoothie on its own is delicious too.


Instructions:

Pour the smoothie evenly into bowls
Add fresh fruit (pretty much any kind you want…for this I used blueberry, plum, and strawberry)
Sprinkle granola

Total prep time: about 15 minutes
Makes 3 bowls









I’m eating one as I’m writing, and I must say, it’s pretty darn good. Do you have any recipes like this that you love? I’m always looking for new healthy snacks. Leave me a comment to let me know, or email me at christinembushell@gmail.com

Bye for now,
Christine

9 comments:

  1. Great recipe dear, thank you! ^-^
    I've nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award, congrats!
    Have a nice Sunday
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! And thank you so much, so nice of you! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi :) I really like your blog. Also I love this kind of breakfast ! it's my fave <3

    Have a lovely week.

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you liked it, it's one of my favorites too...I checked out your blog and it looks awesome!

      Delete
  3. I made the same thing this morning but with mango and banana so good! X

    Portugal beach days over on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good breakfast, isn't it? Your photos look awesome!

      Delete
  4. mmmm! this is so yummy. perfect way to start the day. thanks for the recipe :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy! Bisous from France!

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so nice. I am yet to try a smoothie bowl so going to try it out. Gemma xx www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete