Monday, August 10, 2015

Drugstore Haul + First Impressions | Haul

Hello world!

I went a little crazy at CVS today, and I couldn’t wait to share what I picked up! Drugstore products can be so hit or miss, but when you find something high-quality it feels like such a steal because the prices are so good. I did a little research beforehand so I could hopefully avoid any misses. There were a bunch of sales going on and I had a 25% off coupon, so I was able to get a whole bunch of stuff for just about $50. I’m going to post the original price of each item, just for future reference when these sales might not be going on. Keep reading to hear my first impressions on what I picked up!





Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream 8 in 1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector - $9.49

I have a really annoying skin tone when it comes to matching foundations and things like that because I usually fall between shades (I’m usually Light/Medium or Medium with warm undertones). I picked this up in Light/Medium and was pleased to see that it was a really good match for me. It had pretty decent coverage, especially for a BB cream and blended well with my foundation. The package claims to do wonders for your skin, so I will probably repurchase this if it lives up to those claims!




Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Mascara - $7.99

Ok, I liked this mascara, but I don’t think it lives up to what it says on the packaging. It claims to add 12x the volume - which is crazy if you think about it. When I applied it, I definitely did not notice this much of a difference, however, it’s still a good mascara. It’s volumizing, just not that volumizing. I’m still a fan because it left absolutely no clumps and fanned out my lashes in a really pretty way. I would almost compare it to wearing a bunch of those individual false lashes. Skip it if you’re looking for extra length, but pick it up if you want to add volume without adding clumps.




Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Rossetto (05) - $6.29

I think this range of lipsticks are some of the absolute best drugstore lip products out there. I already own a red shade and a dark plum shade that I reach for all the time, so I wanted to pick up a new shade to add to my collection. I chose this pink shade because it’s a little brighter than the pinks I usually go for and I wanted to branch out a little. I’m pretty pleased with it so far, it’s bold without being too bold, and goes on super smooth. If you haven’t check out this range yet, definitely go for it the next chance you get!




L’Oreal La Palette Nude 2 - $19.99

I think I’m going to make a separate post dedicated to this palette, because it’s really beautiful and I want to give it the attention I think it deserves. I haven’t tried any eye looks with this yet, but the swatches I’ve done came out super smooth and silky and I’m really excited to give it a shot. Stay tuned for a full post!




Milani Lipstick in Nude Creme - $6.79

I’m already obsessed with this lipstick. I refused to give in to the nude lip trend for the longest time because I felt like it wouldn’t be a good look for my skin tone and would make me look washed out. But, I love Milani lipsticks so I finally caved and gave it a shot. I’m so happy I picked this shade up because it’s the perfect combination of pink and nude. It’s subtle without being invisible. Also, it has the same great watermelon-y smell of all Milani lipsticks, which is always a plus for me. And the packaging. You know.



Milani Color Statement Lipliner in Nude - $3.50

I bought this pencil to go with the nude lipstick I just mentioned and I realized this was the first Milani lip pencil I had ever purchased! I was super happy with this when I tried it out. It glides on really smooth, doesn’t pull at your lips, and makes it so simple to outline or fill in your lips in only a few seconds. 





L’Oreal Infallible 2-Step Lip Color in Neverending Nutmeg - $15.29

Are you noticing a pattern? I bought this gloss/liquid lipstick/what even is this? because I thought it would go well with the two nude Milani products. It looked a little bit darker in the tube than the other two, but I thought it would still be a good match. Turns out, it’s a lot darker. Good news is, it’s still beautiful. And, it actually looks really nice over the Milani lipstick. It’s a bit of a strange product because it goes on like a gloss, but then kind of dries like a liquid lipstick. I liked it a lot, but it was a bit drying on the lips. I didn’t use the second step which is a clear balm to seal in the color, so maybe if I had put that on top, it wouldn’t have felt as drying. I’m actually happy this turned out not to be the same shade as Nude Creme because it’s pretty unique for my collection.





Garnier Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes - $7.49

These are my favorite makeup remover wipes of all time and probably always will be. I love them so much because they are safe to use on your eyes, including mascara, so they eliminate the need for separate face and eye makeup removing products. They smell good, they’re gentle, and they work extremely well. I will always repurchase these because I know they will never let me down, and I highly suggest you give them a try!



As always, thanks for reading! What are some great drugstore products that you’ve discovered? I would love to hear, because I’m all about quality products that don’t break the bank! Leave a comment to let me know or email me at christinembushell@gmail.com  Click here to follow me on Pinterest and Bloglovin’.

Bye for now,

Christine

4 comments:

  1. I've been itching to try out a Kate Moss lipstick since so many people rave about them. Great post! Those Garnier wipes also seem heavenly, I just ordered the Garnier Micellar water since we don't seem to have it here in the states :)

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give them a shot, they are awesome! And I'm obsessed with the Garnier wipes haha...I've never heard of that, maybe I'll give it a shot! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Great posts.
    Maybeline mascaras are the best!
    www.glaringwaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyeshadow palette looks like a good dupe for the Naked palettes! Especially since it is so much cheaper :)
    Elle - http://elleandherbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete