Monday, July 13, 2015

NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray | Product Review

Hello world!

Especially now that it’s mid-Summer, I need a setting spray for my makeup and I need it bad. I usually have a pretty light hand when applying in the morning and find that by the time I come home from class around 2 or 3 o'clock most of my makeup is gone. So annoying and a waste of time and product to have to reapply everyday.

I used to use MAC Fix+ for this, but after doing a little research I found that this product is better put to different uses.  Then, I saw a bunch of Youtubers talk about this drugstore product, the NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray. So, I gave it a shot since it wasn’t crazy expensive ($8/bottle at Target, Ulta, etc.)



The bottle is definitely tiny, but it’s crazy long lasting. I don’t use it everyday, but definitely 4 to 5 times a week and it has lasted me for months now.  I bought it sometime in mid-April and it still feels fairly full in July.  So, even though it’s a small bottle, I feel like it’s already given me my $8 worth. 

This product is marketed as giving a matte finish, and it does just that for me.  I notice the effect immediately and I really like the formula.  It doesn’t leave the skin feeling wet for more than a few seconds, as I find the Fix+ tends to (but as I said, this isn’t the best use for that product, and I do love the Fix+ in other parts of my makeup routine). 

I have noticed a difference in the lasting time of my makeup when I use the NYX Matte Finish setting spray.  It’s not a HUGE difference but it definitely lasts longer and doesn’t just disappear after a few hours. I will say that it does keep everything matte all day, even when it's super hot out.

One negative thing I could say about this product that might be pretty obvious is that it tends to slightly dull any sort of sparkle or shimmer (duh, it’s a MATTE product).  If you, like I, tend to wear a highlight with a slight shimmer, it will mostly disappear.  Whether that’s a bad thing is up to you.

I often use something like MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle as a highlighter on the cheekbones. Sometimes I find that it’s a little overpowering as it’s VERY sparkly/shimmery. So, the NYX matte setting spray actually helps me tone that down a bit.

NYX also released a very similar setting spray that claims to leave a dewy finish.  I would be interested in trying this one out too, I just haven’t seen it around. Has anyone had a good experience with this product?

Overall, this is not one of my holy grail products, but it does the job and it doesn’t break the bank. Sounds like a great deal to me.  There’s a good chance I will repurchase this once I finish the bottle I currently have because it’s served me well, but if it were to suddenly get discontinued, I wouldn’t cry about it. You know what I mean?  Definitely worth a shot, but don’t feel like you have to drop everything and run to Target to pick it up.

I hope you found this little review interesting and helpful! Do you agree with me? Is it worth the money? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!

Click here to follow me on Pinterest or email me at christinembushell@gmail.com

Bye for now,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment