Friday, July 31, 2015

July Favorites | Wandering Through Life

Hello world!

Can you believe it’s already the last day of July?? As always, the summer is going by waaay too fast. But, monthly favorites are one of my favorite (lol) posts to read and videos to watch, so I thought I’d start making my own! Keep reading to hear my fashion, beauty, and other favorites throughout this last month.

Makeup and Beauty

If you’ve seen some of my recent posts, you’ll know that I’ve recently been loving the Benefit Roller Lash (click here to see my original post) and the Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Conditioner (original post).  In addition to those, I’ve had quite a few favorites this month....and every other month, who am I kidding?


1). I recently picked up the NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Cruella and a satin lip pencil in Rikugien also from NARS.  They are some of the best lip liners I have ever used. I really like these because they are great for just lining your lips, but also for filling in your lips before putting a lipstick over the top to give a deeper, longer-lasting color. I normally get stressed out when using thinner lip pencils, especially when using a red like Cruella, but the thicker size of these make them way easier to use.




Cruella is a deep, blue-toned red that is a perfect shade to pair with almost any red lipstick. Rikugien is a mauve-pinkish color. I’ve never been one to wear nude lip colors, but after seeing so many people loving it, I wanted to give it a try, and this pencil seems like the perfect place to start. Both colors are so smooth and soft on the lips and even though one is matte, it isn’t very drying. 


2) Bath and Body Works perfumes are a bit of an addiction for me.  Currently, I have 3 at home and 4 in my apartment at school. Nobody needs that much perfume at one time, but they're seriously amazing and I can't help myself.





Never have I ever met a Bath and Body Works scent that I didn’t love. This month I have been using mostly Forever Sunshine. I’ve used this one mostly on vacations and in warm weather, so every time I spray it, the smell reminds me of those times. It’s a light and flowery scent that, in my opinion, is great for daytime and evening, so I get a ton of use out of it. Honestly, whatever scent you get from them is always amazing, so I definitely recommend picking one (or a bunch) up if you haven’t tried them already.


Fashion

1) Loose patterned shorts - I’m sure you’ve noticed, but these bottoms are huge right now. I’m obsessed with some of the patterns available nowadays and regularly have to stop myself from buying 10 pairs every time I see them.






I picked this pair up from a little shop in my town because a) I love elephants and this pattern caught my eye and b) I felt like a black and white print would be a much more versatile piece and that I would get a lot more wear out of it than some of the brighter/bolder patterns (even though those are great too). Plus, the elastic waist makes them really comfy and the material is loose and flawy - perfect for the Summer heat!


2) My next favorite is a little hard to explain, haha. I’ve been really liking short tops. Not full-on crop tops, but not full-length either. I’m pretty short, only 5’3” so sometimes when I wear full-length tops, they cover my shorts and make it look like I’m not wearing pants. If you’re anywhere near my height, you’ll know the struggle I’m talking about. 



Tops like this one are great for me because they fall at just the right length. I’m not really a fan of the whole “show your entire midriff”, at least for a daytime look that seems to be all the rage nowadays. So, I find this length shirt to be a happy medium. I especially like pairing them with high waisted shorts.


3) Lately I’ve been wearing a lot of long statement necklaces.  I think they are simple looking enough that it doesn’t overpower an outfit, but add enough extra something to a look that can take a basic outfit to the next level. These can be especially cute when paired with black or solid tops or a sold/color blocked maxi dress.





Miscellaneous

1) I know I’m way behind on this, but I recently jumped on the Fitbit bandwagon and ever since, I’ve been wishing I’d hopped on earlier. I got the Flex in the slate color because I didn’t really want it to stand out on my wrist or clash with my jewelry too much. This shade is nice because it seems more subtle than black and matches pretty much everything.



I love using this little guy and the app on my phone. It’s a really great motivator, especially because you see it a thousand times a day, right there on your wrist. 

Unfortunately, this was kind of bad timing for me to get started. I had pretty major knee surgery at the beginning of the month, so I’m barely getting in any steps during the day right now. But, getting the Fitbit has made me 100 times more motivated to workout more and walk 10,000 steps everyday once I’m back in action.


2) My last favorite for this month is a new monthly subscription box I recently discovered called GrazeBox. This should come as no surprise if you’ve read my last post on my most recent Birchbox where I confess to my subscription box obsession.

The reason I’m loving GrazeBox is the uniqueness of the snacks you get sent each time.  This month I was sent 4 snacks I had never seen anywhere else before, and they were all delicious. I’m planning on making a full post about this in the next few days, but I promise, this box is worth signing up for!


That was a lot of stuff, so congratulations if you’ve made it this far! Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments or email me at christinembushell@gmail.com

Bye for now,
Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment